THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feb 5, 2010

Hood Quake



(Originally on www.mrrobinson.tumblr.com 7/15/2010)
This was the first beat I actually finished before three in the morning (3A.M.), in well... At least year. I had finished homework early, watered my lawn, cleaned, cooked, and had nothing else to do… Thanks to the spider nest, and little spiders that were crawling all over my studio set-up causing me to move everything out. Their little asses are gone now… Thank you Raid!! 


Due to the spider situation, I had to go with my “mobile setup”. This beat was sequenced in Apple’s Logic Studio, via “External Instrument” I used my Open Labs Miko for the synths. I used Motu’s BPM for the drums in Logic Studio, BPM is a fine plug-in!! I especially love using it in Pro-Tools 8, I like it better than Reason because its basically a Digital or Plugin version of the Akai MPC and Roland MV-8800. Yea I will probably not be needing a hardware sampler-sequencer any more. I can sample, and lay down drums like I would an MPC, with any DAW of my choice (Logic, Pro-Tools, Cubase,etc. Nuendo is nice!!!).


After making the beat, I tracked out to Pro-Tools because RTAS processors are the shit!! Especially the ones that come with Pro-Tools!! Hi-Pass, Low-Pass, Compressor, Limiter, Bounce. I have a little bit more than two weeks left in this Summer semester. I will have maybe a three week break, then I have to go back to school for Fall semester. During my short break I’m planning on making at least four beats a week, because Fall is going to be a real B!%$h. Keep tuning in!! And there you have it Mr.Robinson Beats “Hood-Quake”.


-Mr.Robinson

0 comments: