THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Feb 28, 2012

Have Gun Will Travel


Been a long time right!!!??
But anyway im back!!
Since my absence I've started "instrumental mixtapes", the track above is the last song from the first of three mixtapes (fully finished). This track in particular, is one that I 
cant sell, unfortunately for legality reasons. Im am, however, will still use this track on
 my mixtape. I like the hell out of this track, to say the least. From making this track by hand, or by sampler (NNXT Baby!). All the way to hearing that final product mixed by 
my homey Dj.CAPSIZE.... BTW, Dj.CAPSIZE did a hell of a job on mixing my mixtape. Despite feeling I could mix it myself, I trusted my project with CAPSIZE, and he did a
 damn good job, better than I could've done. For that I thank him 
(My shit translates kid).


So heres the process...
My family are big fans of "Speghetti Westerns", and it rubbed off on me. My favorite of 
them all is "Have Gun Will Travel". Richard Boone is an awesome actor, especially with 
his portrayal of "Paladin" was amazing. Most of the lead characters were either rugged, 
"hands in the dirt" type of men. Or rugged, "Too clean to get dirty" type of men. Paladin was both! Paladin was rich, dressed snappy, had all the ladies, and refined. On the flip side, he would normally go on month long desert stake outs. Jump off of horses to catch a criminal, dive in a lake to get away. Dude didn't mind getting his expensive attire dirty. 
He had that traditional "bad ass" cowboy attitude, would fight you in a second, but shoot you even faster. Never backed down, and always handled problems with integrity, honor and respect. Best of all, he's from the "Yay area" People. Paladin hails from 
San Francisco!! Boom!


Paladin was a "Gun for Hire"...Dont take that term out of context, this guy 
would not take a job if it was immoral. He states all the time that he's not a assassin, 
he's not going to kill in revenge. He's more of a Vigilante of sorts. If you can pay, and 
its right, you have a hired gun. Paladin was respected all over the nation, especially respected with banks (They all knew him, he has dough). The two video's above are 
the actual video's I sampled to produce this song. I used PropellerHeads Record only!!
Again, this track was ridiculously fun, from the beginning stages to the final mix. Its a project that Im more than proud of. For those "Speghetti Western" fans out there... Hope you enjoy it. I've got great reviews on this track, I'll agree with the most common 
comment, it is "Creative". Thanks for listening!!

PS: Im back baby!!
More post's coming soon, this year will be a busy one.
Follow me on Twitter, just click on my name "Mr.Robinson" below.

0 comments: